The WayShower Clinic
Barbara offers wholistic services assisting persons with developing greater self-awareness and mastery, moving through challenges and obstacles that interfere with happiness, satisfaction and wellbeing, and with learning how to live genuinely authentic lives.
The WayShower Clinic is an inclusive space.
Dr. Barbara Waterfall offers a wide range of services to meet the diverse needs of the people she serves, inclusive of Counselling/Psychotherapy, Wholistic Healing, (Breath Work, Mindfulness/Meditations, Reiki and Thermotherapy/Bio Mat) Community-based and Professional Trainings/Workshops/Retreats, and Community Organizing & Social Justice and Environmental Activism.
Barbara Waterfall (S/He), B.A., M.S.W., RSW, Ph.D.
- Is a gifted and talented WayShower – a Wise Person who has lived through and mastered varied life experiences and challenges.
- Is kind, caring, compassionate, ethical and professional, and has a passion for assisting people who desire to live and thrive in an ever-changing world.
- Has a Master’s Degree in Social Work, and is a Registered Social Worker.
- Has a Doctorate in Philosophy, specializing in Indigenous decolonization and healing.
- Is passionate about serving people, and has been practicing social work for 31 years.
- Works with individuals, couples, families, groups and communities.
- Specializes in addictions recovery, PTSD, Complex Trauma, Intergenerational Trauma, Grief, Unresolved Historic Grief, Spiritual Counselling and Restorative Justice.
- Has been trained as an Anishnaabe-Metis traditionalist, and has been on a healing path for 39 years.
- Is a member of the LGBTQ2+ community.
- Enjoys working with a diversity of people from a wholistic (mind, body, emotion & spirit) perspective, and understands the unique experiences and needs of BIPOC, and people from the LGBTQ2+ community.
- Is client-focused and innovative.
- Is a Mental Health Practitioner with Non-insured Health Benefits for First Nations and Inuit People.
- Is a trained and certified Breath Work Facilitator.
- Is a Reiki Master.
- Is a Grass-Roots Community Organizer, and Social Justice and Environmental Activist, and has done so for 38 years.
- Is a Trainer, a Workshop Facilitator, an Educator, and a Motivational Speaker working with communities, agencies, universities and community colleges, and has done so for over 30 years.
- Dr. Waterfall is a listed Practitioner with Psychology Today.